- What value can you add with your unique perspective?
- Popular questions about starting a knowledge business on Quora
- Popular questions about starting a knowledge business on Reddit
- Popular questions about starting a side business on Social Media
This is the first of a series of posts where I’ll demonstrate some advice I recently gave on how you can create articles that attract clients to your website, where you can focus on delivering quality content that offers help for the urgent needs that will lead your ideal clients to opt-in and eventually buy products and programs where they can go deeper with you and solve those painful problems for good!
What value can you add with your unique perspective?
We’re going to look for content that appeals to visitors of Think Beyond Boundaries, who are hard working, awesome professionals (mostly women) who want to venture into starting a knowledge-based business on the side. Look for topics that appeal to your ideal customers. If you need help figuring out who your target market is, be sure to optin to my free road map on how to use your deep passions and amazing skills to create steady and abundant cash flow.
For each site, look for evidence that the question is popular (views, upvotes, responses, shares). (However, I also pick occassional lone wolf questions that are really good but haven’t gotten traction yet. It’s good to test.) Think to yourself whether you could add value by giving your own insight, in the form of answers, resources, guide, more depth, things to avoid, how to do it better, etc.) See our list of article title templates for inspiration.
The first place I’m going to hit up is Quora.
Popular questions about starting a knowledge business on Quora
This is a great platform for the exchange of ideas. Lots of responses are insightful, funny, scary, promotional and more. You’ll find it all here, but the core thing is people are posting genuine questions adn others are offering genuine feedback.
Below are some questions I can definitely provide value-added answers:
Questions about specific amounts you can make
There are lots of questions asking how do you make a certain amount per month, per week or per day. You could plug in any amount in the questions below and ask. They also give a sense of what your market thinks is possible, and gives you some clues about how to appeal to your market without sounding overly hyped (even if you could talk about how to make more).
- What side business can make you $500 a week?
- What side business can make you at least $100 a day?
Questions about starting up with little capital
What is the most profitable side business you can do that is super cheap?
What is one of the most profitable online businesses that takes very little startup cash?
Questions about ideas for side businesses
- What are some side business ideas while doing a job?
- Which is the best side business to start (online business)?
Questions focused on sustaining a startup or side venture
- How do I make my side business sustainable?
- What are the most common mistakes first time entrepreneurs make?
And here are some interesting life questions that lend themselves to a discussion about starting a side business helping others with your knowledge and expertise.
- What do you regret not doing in your 30s?
- I’ve reached the peak salary of my career, what should I do next?
Now let’s check out what’s happening on Reddit
Popular questions about starting a knowledge business on Reddit
Someone posted a link to (a great) article:
- 24 Ways To Make Money With Your Startup That You Haven’t Thought About
I have direct experience making money in several ways listed in the article. I could write an in-depth guide on each model for the blog. (If you don’t want to wait for the blog post and want to get the inside scoop on which side business models have worked for me, you can grab an immediate download of my free road map to creating steady and abundant cash flow today).
Another link from Reddit forums to an external article is the following on Huffington Post:
- 14 Free Business Tools to Make Your Startup more Successful in 2017
That title is awesome in that it has a number (14) the year (2017) and lots of keywords. Clearly, HuffPo knows its SEO!
The great thing about list posts is you can always make another. And lists of free tools from my own experience making money through niche websites are always popular. You can make the list longer, you can narrow it down (e.g. budgeting tools), or add a twist (instead of “successful” you might say profitable, or that free up your time).
Popular threads in some of Reddit’s small business and startup forums include…
- 1 thing you should ALWAYS do before starting a business.
- If you run a small business, is blogging worth the time and effort?
- Most efficient ways to generate passive income?
- Business ideas that cost $1000 or less
- Build a location independent startup as a solo entrepreneur
- You can’t go with viral content. Let’s find some!
Popular questions about starting a side business on Social MediaOn Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ some of the most popular headlines (by share metrics) include:
- 5 Rules: Starting a Side Business While Employed
- 10 Steps to Starting a Side Business While Working a Full-Time Job
- How to Make the Most of Your Weekends to Grow Your Side Business
- 5 Ways To Grow A Side Business While Keeping Your Day Job
- How to Start a Side Business Without Quitting Your Day Job
- Five Ways Starting A Side Business Can Help You Land Your Next Promotion
- The 5 Challenges You’ll Face on the Path of Building Your Side Business
- Answer These 7 Questions Before Starting Your Side Business
- Use This Formula to Turn Any Idea into a Profitable Side-business
- How to Create a Side Business This Weekend for $0
- 7 Proven Ways to Come Up with New Business Ideas – With Real Life Examples
- The Advantages Of Doing Online Business
- How This 64 Year Old Retired School Teacher Started A Successful Online Business
- Creation and Execution of Digital Marketing Plan for Online Business
My next post in this series will be to do the same kind of research done here on YouTube, Niche forums and online groups, and Yahoo Answers.
For this article and in the next post, I’ll be writing articles to answer the questions above. As each article goes live, I’ll link to it from this page and the next (making these articles pretty nifty resources!)
Let the experiment begin!